2.20.2011

Bertien van Manen: "Tirana: Mother and Bride" in MOMA's Pictures by Women 2011



click on the detail above to see the full image...
Bertien van Manen



Tirana: Mother and Bride, 2007

from the  project Photographs of Photographs in Europe by Bertien van Manen

MOMA's Pictures by Women 2011


"I like to work with small automatic cameras because of [their] dynamic and unpretentiousness, the liveliness and the spontaneity and the coïncidental effects. Using this camera also has the advantage of being less threatening. I am not so much there as ‘the photographer’, but more as a visitor who takes pictures...I was often moved by the way people trusted me and allowed me to have a look in their most private belongings." -Bertien van Manen (2008)

 more photographs by Bertien in the Pharmakon Library..

0 comments: